As you can imagine The Inspector gets quite a few postings of a somewhat ehrrm, uncharitable type. I would now like to set the record straight:
- I like buses but have no desire to throw myself under one.
- I have no desire to get to know "the boys" down a dim alleyway at night!
- My sexual preferences are none of your business and in any case I would need to do a fair bit of yoga to have a sexual relationship with myself so comments of that type are sheer wishful fantasy.
- "Go forth and multiply" was how it was put in the Bible. Please don't reduce it to two short words.
- Why should any professional have trained for at least three years Graduate study and then be expected to get some Mickey Mouse overpriced diploma to......
- Teach for less than you pay a toilet cleaner, a dishwasher or any job in McDonald's. No offence to people working in those industries but you didn't have to spend a lot of time, energy and money to end up being exploited.
- Megalomaniac, egocentric school owners and petty DOS' are often the norm, especially in China and Korea.
- What sets TEFL/ESL apart, is that too many schools hide behind a fictitious facade of corporate professionalism, when in reality far too many bully, overwork and underpay their teachers and do not deliver what they promise, Shane Schools is a fine example.
- EFL teachers have no union with any teeth.
- EFL teachers are often cheated by schools running outrageously expensive TEFL Cert. courses.
- TEFL career prospects are worse than a turkey's at Christmas
That dear readers is why this blog exists. To inform and enlighten the innocent TEFL lambs and warn them of the Big Bad Wolf.
Inspector McHammered of the Lard
FOR THE MOST RECENT POSTING CLICK HERE
FOR BLACKLIST NOMINATIONS CLICK HERE