Some clips of Flight of the Conchords. "Business Time" and "Jenny" are partcularly great. Two very talented and funny Kiwis!

Monday, August 04, 2008

British Institutes Rimini, Italy

Posted on the "nominate a school for blacklisting section". Any comments?

"Please, please, please STAY AWAY from British Institutes in Rimini (Italy). The director, Valentina Douglas, will take MONTHS to pay you - or not pay you at all! They will load up your schedule, give you classes at the last minute, and give you a hard time reimbursing you for your gas (petrol) money. I swear I am not the only person with a problem , there are many, many people who have quit and / or are waiting to be paid. She even treats her Italian staff and teachers this way, not just her foreign workers.

I swear, I am not on a vendetta, this is the truth!"
_________________________________________________________
Inspector McHammered of the Lard in Pamplona, Spain

  1. The Index
  2. Most Recent
  3. Nominate a School for Blacklisting

6 comments:

Inspector Mchammered of the Lard said...

Sounds very much a place to avoid, unless that is you're a masochist.

Anonymous said...

Hi Inspector,
I have visited a number of schools in Rimini on behalf of my girlfriend, who works as the director of studies at a different school in Rimini (no plugs from me). Anyway, I can only agree with this post - I have even heard of an unpaid teacher being manhandled out of British Institutes' (rather glitzy) establishment for trying to seek payment. Quite shocking!
PS Keep up the good work.
PPS Also like the way that your site comes 2nd when you google "british institutes rimini".

Anonymous said...

i would also like to comment on the british institutes.....i would say there contract is dodgy to say the least and that if you decline the job you get the phone slammed down on you!

Anonymous said...

I worked for BI in Rimini and I'm wondering how Valentina Douglas can still run her business with no legal problems at all!! She's the biggest liar I've ever met. Also, I still need to get my money! Please, stay away from her and tell all the students to switch school!

Anonymous said...

I have a court date with her on the 30th of January. She owes me €6500. I recently met another person who won a court case against het 7 years ago and is still to receive anything from her (So much for the Italian justice system)Every teacher I know has been ripped off by this person. She also hires un-qualified in-experienced teachers. AVOID like the plague!!!

Anonymous said...

I have a court date with her on the 30th of January. She owes me €6500. I recently met another person who won a court case against het 7 years ago and is still to receive anything from her (So much for the Italian justice system)Every teacher I know has been ripped off by this person. She also hires un-qualified in-experienced teachers. AVOID like the plague!!!